A Sandy Beach Almanac



You've landed at Sandy Beach, NSW, Australia: Lat. -30.15331, Long. 153.19960, UT +10:00 – local map & zoom Google map. I live in a cabin on this beach, 25 kilometres north of the traffic and shops of Coffs Harbour, 600 km north of Sydney. My intention is to post observations of Nature and life within 1 km (1,000 paces) of my South Pacific home.

 

(This page is designed at the 'Smaller' font setting in the Internet Explorer menu. Other settings might cause layout changes. How to change text size)

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Spring is sprung?

Spring is sprung?
Spring is sprung?,
originally uploaded by Pip_Wilson.
It's only August 1, but in this neck of the woods the jasmine is bursting with Spring beauty and fragrance. In Sydney the jasmine -- harbinger of Spring -- usually starts blossoming on about August 25, but here, up north, we get our first signs of Spring a little earlier. Today has been a perfect Spring day in the middle of Winter, but not quite as warm as both days of the weekend just gone, when it was T-shirt and even swimming weather.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright, being an antipodean and missing the smell of jasmine that would normally surround me on this Spring Day, I randomly googled "Spring Day" and "Jasmine". Since I now live near Philadelphia, Pa, it was a little freaky to ee your welcome include people from around here...I'm going to assume that you pick up location from ip addresses - if so, very clever. If not - freaky coincidence! Happy Spring Day, regardless, and smell the jasmine for me...I miss it so much!

1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home