A Sandy Beach Almanac



You've landed at Sandy Beach, NSW, Australia: Lat. -30.15331, Long. 153.19960, UT +10:00 – local map & zoom Google map. I live in a cabin on this beach, 25 kilometres north of the traffic and shops of Coffs Harbour, 600 km north of Sydney. My intention is to post observations of Nature and life within 1 km (1,000 paces) of my South Pacific home.

 

(This page is designed at the 'Smaller' font setting in the Internet Explorer menu. Other settings might cause layout changes. How to change text size)

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Help keep four-wheel drives off beaches

An email today from a reader. You, too, can take action to help keep cars off Sandy Beach.

Hi Mr Wilson

I just typed in sandy beach and got onto your web site. just wanted to let you know, I cant believe nothing has been done about vehicle access to the beach so I took your advice and emailed the following to your local newspapers, radio and council. hope it helps because we wish to move up to the area after christmas.
Cheers
G.

Whilst holidaying in coffs harbour we discovered sandy beach, The kids myself and my partner thought it was the best beach. however each day we visited 4wds would access the beach and drive along it. why? they clearly had no boat or boat trailer at tow. the sign clearly states no cars, my 7 yr old son soon grabbed his 3 yr old sister when a nissan navara went past. I was too slow to get a rego and the vehicle too fast. Then if i did have a rego what do i do, it would be my word against theirs. what can we do to stop this. Does council need to resort to bollards to cordon off the boat ramp area to stop nuisance 4wders? In this situation emergency vechicle access would be hindered because of nuisance 4wders.
yours sincerely
G. McC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home