A Sandy Beach Almanac



You've landed at Sandy Beach, NSW, Australia: Lat. -30.15331, Long. 153.19960, UT +10:00 – local map & zoom Google map. I live in a cabin on this beach, 25 kilometres north of the traffic and shops of Coffs Harbour, 600 km north of Sydney. My intention is to post observations of Nature and life within 1 km (1,000 paces) of my South Pacific home.

 

(This page is designed at the 'Smaller' font setting in the Internet Explorer menu. Other settings might cause layout changes. How to change text size)

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Welcome to 'Sandy Beach ... Matters' readers

Gouldian mice
Gouldian mice,
originally uploaded by wilsonsalmanac.

Welcome, fellow Sandysider, reader of our local newsletter. You must have seen my little ad, and it's good to have your company. This site has been going for about a year, mostly with international readers so it's great to have some more locals join us.

I'm currently writing an historical novel (glutton for punishment) so I regret I haven't been posting here as often as previously, but you'll find plenty about Sandy Beach in the Archives, linked from the sidebar at left, above the black cockie.

So please bookmark this page and pop in regularly because 'A Sandy Beach Almanac' is a continuing project and it won't be long before the #&^Xx@!! novel is finished, or I neck myself, whichever comes first. And I do post items here as often as possible. And feel free to drop me a line! Your input into the site is welcome. (Same goes for overseas and other readers, of course.) Enjoy your stay and I hope you'll have a good surf around and let others know we're here. Many thanks, neighbours.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nora said...

I'm an honorary member.

And no baby mice were harmed in the making of the picture.

4:53 AM  
Blogger Pip Wilson said...

Sadly, though, we had to kill several dolphins.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home