A Sandy Beach Almanac



You've landed at Sandy Beach, NSW, Australia: Lat. -30.15331, Long. 153.19960, UT +10:00 – local map & zoom Google map. I live in a cabin on this beach, 25 kilometres north of the traffic and shops of Coffs Harbour, 600 km north of Sydney. My intention is to post observations of Nature and life within 1 km (1,000 paces) of my South Pacific home.

 

(This page is designed at the 'Smaller' font setting in the Internet Explorer menu. Other settings might cause layout changes. How to change text size)

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Black cockatoos



This was as close as I could get to some Yellow-tailed black cockatoos (three or four altogether), who led me a merry dance for half an hour along the beach today. I was walking to the shop for some teabags when I heard their inimitable screeching, and rushed back home for the camera. The images will embiggen a bit if you clique them.

Did you see Mars? Check it out in the eastern sky while it is still big. Supposed to be the closest the planet will get for 13 years, or something like that. There's something on it today at the Almanac's Universe page, if you're quick. I put a new clock on that page recently and it seems to keep OK time. :)

Tagged: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home