A Sandy Beach Almanac



You've landed at Sandy Beach, NSW, Australia: Lat. -30.15331, Long. 153.19960, UT +10:00 – local map & zoom Google map. I live in a cabin on this beach, 25 kilometres north of the traffic and shops of Coffs Harbour, 600 km north of Sydney. My intention is to post observations of Nature and life within 1 km (1,000 paces) of my South Pacific home.

 

(This page is designed at the 'Smaller' font setting in the Internet Explorer menu. Other settings might cause layout changes. How to change text size)

Friday, November 04, 2005

Now for the tsunami

I swear I felt two earth tremors today at about noon, about one minute apart, and so did my neighbour and someone in Coffs Harbour, about 25km away. Yet there's been nothing about it on the ABC Mid-North Coast News, which is pretty unusual.

I went outside immediately after the first shaking of my place, and when the second hit I could clearly see windows shaking as though someone was rattling them extremely hard. I've been through a few earth tremors before and this was no different from those.

Update, Saturday Nov 5: A reader from Coral St has advised that today's Coffs Coast Advocate says that it was probably not a tremor but a military jet breaking the sound barrier. Just great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home