A Sandy Beach Almanac



You've landed at Sandy Beach, NSW, Australia: Lat. -30.15331, Long. 153.19960, UT +10:00 – local map & zoom Google map. I live in a cabin on this beach, 25 kilometres north of the traffic and shops of Coffs Harbour, 600 km north of Sydney. My intention is to post observations of Nature and life within 1 km (1,000 paces) of my South Pacific home.

 

(This page is designed at the 'Smaller' font setting in the Internet Explorer menu. Other settings might cause layout changes. How to change text size)

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Crab hole at my door

Crab hole at my door
Crab hole at my door,
originally uploaded by wilsonsalmanac.
Well waddya know. Looks like I have a Ghost crab as a pet, living between the fishpond and my door. As my door is one-and-a-half paces from Esmeralda the Computer, I keep glancing across to see if I can see him or her, but no luck so far.

Ghost crabs are plentiful around the beach; less so on this side of Sandy Beach Drive. More on them here in A Sandy Beach Almanac.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home