A Sandy Beach Almanac



You've landed at Sandy Beach, NSW, Australia: Lat. -30.15331, Long. 153.19960, UT +10:00 – local map & zoom Google map. I live in a cabin on this beach, 25 kilometres north of the traffic and shops of Coffs Harbour, 600 km north of Sydney. My intention is to post observations of Nature and life within 1 km (1,000 paces) of my South Pacific home.

 

(This page is designed at the 'Smaller' font setting in the Internet Explorer menu. Other settings might cause layout changes. How to change text size)

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Farewell, Sandy Beach

Sunset, Sandy Beach
Sunset, Sandy Beach,
originally uploaded by Pip_Wilson.
I'm moving over the next few days to Emerald Beach, which is two beaches south of here. It's a lovely spot, but my son and I will not be living right on the beach, so I won't be doing an Emerald Beach Almanac. Time will preclude it too, because I have begun a few rather large projects recently.

Thank you for you support of this website. I have had great fun doing it and it's been a privilege to bring to readers worldwide some of the interesting things I've found within 1,000 paces of my wee cabin.

I will keep this site here indfinitely in case you wish to browse the archives, which are found in the sidebar. Thank you again, and all good wishes to everyone.

You'll find me here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pip, have a smooth landing in your next abode.

6:43 AM  
Blogger McCabeandco said...

I wonder whether each grain of sand is the weathered remnants of our ancestors of the billion plus pieces of our jigsaw spanning from the oceans and yearning to return, I wonder, for why else does it stick to our feet? Go well Pip! Joy on your way.

10:54 PM  
Anonymous cheap bus hire said...

Thanks for sharing this one. I love it.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home