A Sandy Beach Almanac



You've landed at Sandy Beach, NSW, Australia: Lat. -30.15331, Long. 153.19960, UT +10:00 – local map & zoom Google map. I live in a cabin on this beach, 25 kilometres north of the traffic and shops of Coffs Harbour, 600 km north of Sydney. My intention is to post observations of Nature and life within 1 km (1,000 paces) of my South Pacific home.

 

(This page is designed at the 'Smaller' font setting in the Internet Explorer menu. Other settings might cause layout changes. How to change text size)

Friday, February 18, 2005

Robin’s Nest, Primrose, and Parsnip Wine

If you enjoy flaneuring with A Sandy Beach Almanac, I think you'll enjoy it more with a daily flaneur down Rosemary Lane, where a recent post is 'Robin’s Nest, Primrose, and Parsnip Wine'.

Rosemary Lane is Stuart Buchanan's weblog and it's the twin of SBA. As my buddy Stuart is on the beautiful Isle of Wight off the coast of England, RL and SBA are exploring complementary seasons, climates and environments. Our mutual love of folklore, poetry, phenology and Dame Nature have made the blog-twinning almost inevitable. We both hit on the twinning idea together as our blogs are so similar, though different.

RL and SBA are like wine and cheese, pancakes and syrup, hot curry and cooling yoghurt. When I'm writing about the nor-easters that blow in off the South Pacific to soothe the baking land and bring stinging Bluebottles into the surf, Stuart might well be logging the wild North Atlantic westerlies as they roar across his island, and the changes in the local environment that the chill winds bring.

I invite you to visit Stuart when you visit me, and say "gidday" to my clever Pommie mate. His writing sets a high benchmark that keeps me on my toes. You'll always find a link to Rosemary Lane in our sidebar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home