A Sandy Beach Almanac



You've landed at Sandy Beach, NSW, Australia: Lat. -30.15331, Long. 153.19960, UT +10:00 – local map & zoom Google map. I live in a cabin on this beach, 25 kilometres north of the traffic and shops of Coffs Harbour, 600 km north of Sydney. My intention is to post observations of Nature and life within 1 km (1,000 paces) of my South Pacific home.

 

(This page is designed at the 'Smaller' font setting in the Internet Explorer menu. Other settings might cause layout changes. How to change text size)

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Ka-BAMMM!!!!!!

Sandy Beach and Woolgoolga completely black out for four hours whenever more than seven residents use hairdryers or try to cook an evening meal at the same time (and isn't Macca's in Coffs Harbour thankful for the extra burgers sold!).

So I think we all must be lost in wonder today that last night's electrical storm did little more than cause the lights to dim half a dozen times, as well as washing a gully in at least one of the sandy footpath entrances to the beach, plus a few grey hairs for the residents and pets. I needed a dose of RelaxaTabs washed down with a jug of NervoCalm after one lightning bolt last night that seemed to explode like a US Army multicultural goodwill greeting somewhere about halfway between my subsconscious and the washing line.

To all the Sandysiders who, like me, have just come down from the ceiling following last night's thunderclaps: hold onto your lightning rods, 'cause here she comes again!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nora said...

So funny ... I appreciate that it may have been scary, but I love your description. :)

4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home