A Sandy Beach Almanac



You've landed at Sandy Beach, NSW, Australia: Lat. -30.15331, Long. 153.19960, UT +10:00 – local map & zoom Google map. I live in a cabin on this beach, 25 kilometres north of the traffic and shops of Coffs Harbour, 600 km north of Sydney. My intention is to post observations of Nature and life within 1 km (1,000 paces) of my South Pacific home.

 

(This page is designed at the 'Smaller' font setting in the Internet Explorer menu. Other settings might cause layout changes. How to change text size)

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Inka Marka: Beautiful music

Inka Marka played today in Coffs Harbour (I know it's not within 1,000 paces of the Ponderosa but I ask your indulgence today). They're all Aussies from many lands and play great South American music. They very graciously permitted me to take their photo and I told them I would put it on my site and recommend that people get hold of their CDs.

One of the group's songs is about Inti Raymi, the Incan Winter Solstice Festival of the Sun, Peru (Jun 24 - Jul 2) where I believe these guys, or some of them, have played. I hope you get a chance to hear them someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home