A Sandy Beach Almanac



You've landed at Sandy Beach, NSW, Australia: Lat. -30.15331, Long. 153.19960, UT +10:00 – local map & zoom Google map. I live in a cabin on this beach, 25 kilometres north of the traffic and shops of Coffs Harbour, 600 km north of Sydney. My intention is to post observations of Nature and life within 1 km (1,000 paces) of my South Pacific home.

 

(This page is designed at the 'Smaller' font setting in the Internet Explorer menu. Other settings might cause layout changes. How to change text size)

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Nearly shot meself in the foot



The best shot I took on my first day of camera ownership I didn't know about till I got home. It must have happened when I was stepping through the pond, just when I was making an earnest plan to save the camera and not my skin if I slipped on the more jagged rocks, which was looking very likely at the time. (Don't worry, I'll try not to be a camera bore, but I thought this was pretty -- and pretty surprising when I downloaded.)

(Click thumbnail to enlarge)

2 Comments:

Blogger EJR said...

oh i've bumbled via 'next Blog' into Australia! How delightful. This photograph is gorgeous and even more evocative owing to its accidental nature. Hello from London. All my accidental photographs are of tarmac.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Pip Wilson said...

Hi, Emma Jane. Yup, amazing what can happen when one gets a cam for the first time. I think I'll keep trying to do accidents like this!

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home