A Sandy Beach Almanac



You've landed at Sandy Beach, NSW, Australia: Lat. -30.15331, Long. 153.19960, UT +10:00 – local map & zoom Google map. I live in a cabin on this beach, 25 kilometres north of the traffic and shops of Coffs Harbour, 600 km north of Sydney. My intention is to post observations of Nature and life within 1 km (1,000 paces) of my South Pacific home.

 

(This page is designed at the 'Smaller' font setting in the Internet Explorer menu. Other settings might cause layout changes. How to change text size)

Friday, May 06, 2005

Sleeping beauties

For so long I've wanted a digital camera but it was just out of the question. It would be so useful for Sandy Beach Almanac and everything else. I'm excited and grateful that a very special friend who I won't name (a very private somebody) has given me a fine camera, and today I have taken my first three pix. This one shows what goes on in my bathroom at night: John Gould the Gouldian finch and his new girlfriend, Lizzie after a busy day flitting around my cabin.

(Click thumbnail to enlarge)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home