A Sandy Beach Almanac



You've landed at Sandy Beach, NSW, Australia: Lat. -30.15331, Long. 153.19960, UT +10:00 – local map & zoom Google map. I live in a cabin on this beach, 25 kilometres north of the traffic and shops of Coffs Harbour, 600 km north of Sydney. My intention is to post observations of Nature and life within 1 km (1,000 paces) of my South Pacific home.

 

(This page is designed at the 'Smaller' font setting in the Internet Explorer menu. Other settings might cause layout changes. How to change text size)

Monday, January 10, 2005

Hang glider injured

"A man was seriously injured on Friday afternoon at Emerald Beach on the state's north coast, when his hang glider crashed shortly after taking off from Look At Me Now headland."
Source: ABC News

Look At Me Now headland is a couple of headlands south of Sandy. I understand the injured man will be OK; I only posted this here because of my reference to hang gliders a few days ago.

A journalist and photographer from one of the local papers, the Coffs Coast Advocate, came round today, for a proposed piece about this almanac. My appreciation of the promotional value of an article in the local paper exceeded my dislike of being photographed, even though it was drizzling at the time.

I wouldn't even know if Moby Dick beached himself on Sandy today. Sometimes the grocery shopping and other boring things just have to be done, and that's what I've been doing. But it's New Moon tonight, and that makes as good a night to explore as the Full, if the rain holds off. See you tomorrow on the beach.

2 Comments:

Blogger Intrínseco said...

I like your blog!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Pip Wilson said...

Thank you! Greetings from Sandy Beach.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home