A Sandy Beach Almanac



You've landed at Sandy Beach, NSW, Australia: Lat. -30.15331, Long. 153.19960, UT +10:00 – local map & zoom Google map. I live in a cabin on this beach, 25 kilometres north of the traffic and shops of Coffs Harbour, 600 km north of Sydney. My intention is to post observations of Nature and life within 1 km (1,000 paces) of my South Pacific home.

 

(This page is designed at the 'Smaller' font setting in the Internet Explorer menu. Other settings might cause layout changes. How to change text size)

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Lay lady lay day

Good to see that visitors are taking out free subscriptions to this blog, in the box in the sidebar. I hope you're enjoying it.

I takes quite a lot of time and energy to create a website, and the construction of Sandy Beach Almanac has been no exception. So I decided to take a lay day from writing on this hot and humid day, and attend to some other pressing things.

But the day wasn't too hot, nor the business too pressing, for me to take a brisk walk along the sand, past the ancient Aboriginal midden, and to the next beach and back, and there will be plenty of time later to discuss these wonders.

I leave you today with a list of wildlife (and, unfortunately, unwanted critters such as the fox) found here at Sandy, or more precisely, in the Moonee Beach Nature Reserve which is our beach's backyard. (You can even build your own wildlife map of the area: choose three species.) And, gods willing, I'll see you tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home