A Sandy Beach Almanac



You've landed at Sandy Beach, NSW, Australia: Lat. -30.15331, Long. 153.19960, UT +10:00 – local map & zoom Google map. I live in a cabin on this beach, 25 kilometres north of the traffic and shops of Coffs Harbour, 600 km north of Sydney. My intention is to post observations of Nature and life within 1 km (1,000 paces) of my South Pacific home.

 

(This page is designed at the 'Smaller' font setting in the Internet Explorer menu. Other settings might cause layout changes. How to change text size)

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Big wasp, him dead

Dead wasp
Dead wasp,
originally uploaded by wilsonsalmanac.
Not pretty, I know, and I didn't want to kill it but it wouldn't leave me alone. Imagine how big it was before it curled up in death. I'd hate to have been stung by something that big -- even the little ones hurt.

I had to kill a snake this week for the same reason: he wouldn't leave me alone. He tried for days to get inside The Ponderosa and I had to dispatch him in self defence. It's illegal to do so, but I suppose in self protection it's not an offence. If not, the law is an ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home