A Sandy Beach Almanac



You've landed at Sandy Beach, NSW, Australia: Lat. -30.15331, Long. 153.19960, UT +10:00 – local map & zoom Google map. I live in a cabin on this beach, 25 kilometres north of the traffic and shops of Coffs Harbour, 600 km north of Sydney. My intention is to post observations of Nature and life within 1 km (1,000 paces) of my South Pacific home.

 

(This page is designed at the 'Smaller' font setting in the Internet Explorer menu. Other settings might cause layout changes. How to change text size)

Monday, August 29, 2005

No name canary

I'm incorrigible, I know it. My Sandy Beach friend Fran, founder of the Hope Bears charity that makes bears, caps, rugs and all sort of things for cancer patients, is too generous for her own good and yesterday she gave me this cute little guy.

He's a white and grey canary. I think he's a he, anyway, and he woke me this morning with grunts if not male song. He seems to be settling in to the Ponderosa and now, lunchtime, he's starting to sing a bit. The other guys, John and Elizabeth Gould, haven't met him yet because they're in the bathroom and No Name (any ideas?) is in the rest of the cabin.

The hat-band, by the way, was a gift about a month ago from the third of my five grandchildren, Briar, darling that she is.

(Click thumbnail to enlarge)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home