A Sandy Beach Almanac



You've landed at Sandy Beach, NSW, Australia: Lat. -30.15331, Long. 153.19960, UT +10:00 – local map & zoom Google map. I live in a cabin on this beach, 25 kilometres north of the traffic and shops of Coffs Harbour, 600 km north of Sydney. My intention is to post observations of Nature and life within 1 km (1,000 paces) of my South Pacific home.

 

(This page is designed at the 'Smaller' font setting in the Internet Explorer menu. Other settings might cause layout changes. How to change text size)

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Go for a walk? What a novel idea.

Writing is easy; all you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until the drops of blood form on your forehead.
Gene Fowler

I'm going like a train with my novel, if you can call a forehead dripping blood all over the keyboard "going like a train". I suppose there must be something happening outside this door -- I can even hear a lot of birds. I must go out and have a look some day. Meanwhile, back to the book. If I can squeeze 500 reasonably good words a day out of my bloody forehead, I feel the train's on schedule.

... there are days when the result is so bad that no fewer than five revisions are required. In contrast, when I'm greatly inspired, only four revisions are needed.
John Kenneth Galbraith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home